- Notary and registration fees - 0,01-0,05% of property contract value,
- Official translator's costs approx. - 200-300 eur in total including Contract translation
- Agency fee – 3% of contract value + VAT
- Advocate's fee – 0,5-1,25% of contract value + VAT
- Property transfer tax – 3% of tax office property estimate (in case of apartments purchase from developer within VAT-zone - there is no property transfer tax for the buyer of real estate in Croatia)
If you for instance buy villa in Croatia or any other property from a legal entity, please, pay attention whether VAT is already included in the price. Croatian VAT was set at the level of 25% in 2013.
However, there some occasions when the seller is running some expenses. It is the case when the property has some legal problems and needs to be relieved from them. No one is willing to purchase a property with incomplete or unclear documentation. So the seller normally takes the expenses of correcting documentation to meet the buyer's demand and requirements of legislation. Otherwise he has to go down in price as the buyer might have to solve these issues at his expense afterwards.
We also recommend to read our comments and suggestions in Buying tips section of the preset web-site.